Automation Resourcing | Why Join Us at VMO2
- Join us as part of an existing team to deliver process automation with the vision to liberate our business from complexity, enhance our workforce productivity, and enable a differentiated customer experience
- We are already an established Automation capability within the VMO2 CIO business function and have strong sponsorship to drive the automation capability to the next level
- VMO2 is a power house of process automation having already delivered one of the largest digital workforce footprints in the UK, we are extending our footprint even further over the next coming years
- We already utilise some of the leading industry toolsets in the automation landscape and are looking to introduce more high calibre tools into our ecosystem. The next generation of automation toolsets, we are spanning our horizons into machine learning to enhance even further our intelligent automation capabilities for our business
- We want don’t just want you to be part of our journey…… we want you to enable it
Job grade: MPG4/VM Level 4
Location(s): Slough, Reading, Leeds, Manchester, London
Closing Date: 14/08/2022
About the Team:
VirginMediaO2 is the most innovative communications companies in the UK, and the name behind flagship brands and products, we’re thinking bigger than ever before. We’re taking on new challenges and exploring new ways to open up the world for our millions of customers. Our mission is to make our world more human by connecting lives. And you could be part of it all.
As part of their digital transformation strategy, VirginMediaO2 has established an Automation Centre of Excellence (CoE) to execute the automation of their customer-facing and back office processes. These business processes must be executed faster with the aid of Automation toolsets, with accuracy and in some cases, in real time in order to support end-to-end digital customer journeys. The Automation CoE is responsible for the automation of VirginMediaO2 processes to support this strategic initiative.
From this perspective, the Automation CoE is a critical capability which will enable the business to transform its business model and support digitisation and vast operational efficiencies.
About the Role:
The RPA Support Engineer is responsible for monitoring the Control Room performance, triaging production RPA/Automation incidents, and performing jeopardy management for open incidents and problems.
The RPA Support Engineer will manage stakeholder incident and change communication, and liaison with support teams outside of the COE such as major Incident Management and application support teams.
The RPA Support Engineer will contribute to service reporting.
The RPA Support Engineer will be required to support a rota with a large team of other support engineers. Approximately 1 in 4 days providing evening support
- Provide the core Service Desk, Advanced Incident Management & Triage function for all Automation/RPA production solutions
- Opening or Reception and record of incidents, assigning of the criticality, if required, according the parameters defined by VMO2
- Effectively communicate to business stakeholders and process owners, the impact of any Automation incident through email, phone, text, MS Teams
- Reception of all incidents related with the Business Process Automations:
- Analysis of the cause of an incident: Process Automation (software defect or misconfiguration, change in underlying, systems which integrate with the RPA Solution)
- Application of predefined resolution procedures or workarounds to known issues to restore the RPA Solution, or Process Automation functionality
- Escalation to second level, if unable to resolve. After service restoration with a workaround, or if service restoration it not feasible, a problem case will be created, and will be escalated to third level support to investigate root cause analysis and reach a final solution
- Proactive communications and follow-up of incidents with other support levels or with other support groups, until they are resolved
- Ensure compliance with stipulated service levels and analyse the indicators periodically and often enough, identifying potential issues and proposing improvements.
- Ensure the business are made aware of the impact of the business exceptions in terms of volume and expected resolution timescales when it is possible, so they may appreciate the impact on manual resourcing
- Ensuring the reporting dashboards (via RPA Supervisor and BluePrism control tower) are viewed and analysed on a regular interval (over 24 hour period and when the Digital Worker schedules are running) to ensure Business SLA integrity
- Ensure schedules of the Admin digital workers run and remediate any initial issues through triage
What We Need from You:
- BluePrism development
- BluePrism support
- UiPath development
- RPA Supervisor
- Jira and Confluence
- Remedy helpdesk
- Reporting and analytics
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent written English
We’ll be sending you emails about the status of your application. To make sure you receive these, please add @O2.com and @telefonica.com to your Safe Senders list.
We’re looking to pay a great compensation package (depending on experience) for this position. We also offer plenty of extras to sweeten the deal, which could include things like bonuses, life assurance cover, health care and lots of flexible benefits.
Also, every employee has their personal development supported with a LinkedIn learning account; plus other role specific learning available through our award-winning digital learning platform – O2 Campus.
We also believe a great work-life balance is important, so we’re open to considering flexible working arrangements. Like to know more, feel free to raise it.
Join us and we’ll encourage you to be bold every day. So take a deep breath, your career is about to go to exciting new places.
If you have any questions around the role then please email ResourceTUK@o2.com who will be happy to help.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.telefonica.com.