Are you looking for ready for a new adventure in Social Care? Are you currently a Support Worker, Team Leader or Senior?
Join us as a Practice Lead at Garthowen in Llandysul You’ll be based in a friendly home, supporting adults with complex needs and autism.
Location: Llandysul, Ceredigion, SA44 4UD
Your new job:
Achieve together is one of the UK’s leading providers of support for people with learning disabilities, autism and associated complex needs.
You will be working as part of a friendly team, supporting vulnerable adults with a range of physical, mental and learning disabilities. As a Practice Lead you will be expected to lead shifts and assist with coaching and inducting of new staff to the service. You will also be required to participate in the on call rota. You will write daily reports on activities, as well as devising and updating care plans and undertaking risk assessments for the people we support. You will play a vital part in providing the people we support with care and be able to profoundly improve their quality of life, assisting people who are unable to live independently by offering them the practical help they need, as well as emotional support.
This may include:
- Completing and maintaining detailed records, reports and notes
- Cleaning, cooking and shopping
- Planning and engaging in activities
- Administering and recording medication
- Complying with health and safety requirements
Why not head over to our website and read some of the fantastic success stories shared by people we support https://www.achievetogether.co.uk/category/success-stories/
You should have sector based experience supporting adults with learning disabilities and be qualified up to NVQ/Diploma L2 or 3 in Health and Social Care or have completed a Level 3 Apprenticeship programme. We employ our Team Members based on their values.
Your rewards include:
- Free structured and supported 12-week induction to get you off to a flying start!
- Ongoing career development to support you in achieving your ambitions
- Opportunity to gain sector specific qualifications and to join our Leadership and Management Programme
- Personal online Learning and Development portal
- Refer a Friend incentive scheme of £300 per referral*
- 28 days holiday (Incl: Bank Holidays)
- Free enhanced DBS checks and clearances*
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) for help with financial, physical and mental wellbeing
- Discounts platform for permanent staff, including gift cards, discount codes and other benefits
- Pension – we contribute to your retirement fund
- Recognition and Reward Schemes including Long Service, Employee of the Month and Outstanding Achievement Awards
Or maybe it’s receiving the biggest smile from the person you support when they achieve a goal they never thought possible, and a heartfelt letter of thanks from their loved ones!
*Subject to current Terms & Conditions
Does this sound like the career for you? If so, apply now and start your journey with us.
Achieve together vacancies are excluded from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 which means that for certain types of employment it is lawful to reject a person for employment on the grounds of a spent conviction. When making an application, job applicants are obliged to disclose all convictions, whether or not they are spent.
To apply for this job please visit careers.achievetogether.co.uk.