D&D London Restaurants
D&D London is a group of diverse restaurants, bars and hotels based principally in London, but also with venues in Paris and New York. It was founded by Des Gunewardena and David Loewi (the eponymous D and D) in 2006, following a buyout of Conran Restaurants. Since then the company has become a vital player in London’s famous restaurant scene, owning some of the capital’s most celebrated restaurants, including Quaglino’s, Le Pont de la Tour, Bluebird and Coq d’Argent. Bluebird is celebrated as Chelsea’s leading neighbourhood restaurant, steeped in history the Grade II listed building, originally designed by Robert Sharp in 1923 as the Bluebird Motor Garage, opened as a Conran restaurant before it was taken over by D&D London in 2006.
With striking art deco design, offering guests a welcome escape from the hustle and bustle of King’s Road. An all-day dining destination with Modern British and multi-faceted venue, offering everything from the relaxed courtyard and café, to the refined award-winning restaurant and bar.
We are looking for a passionate Pastry Sous Chef who will have the food knowledge and skills to lead the team in order to deliver outstanding food, and in turn a superb guest experience. You will work with the Head Pastry Chef and restaurant management team to ensure consistent high standards in both service and kitchen management – with an emphasis on all aspects of Health and Safety.
As Pastry Sous Chef your main responsibilities will be to oversee and direct all aspects of the kitchen in an effective, efficient and productive manner under the guidance of the Head Chef. You will be responsible for the day-to-day operation of the kitchen from mise en place to service. You will be responsible for quality, efficiency and effectiveness in which food is prepared and sent to the pass.
As a leader you will build a motivated and integrated team by clearly communicating expectations and providing constructive feedback, identify training needs and manage and assist in the training so that required standards are achieved.
We’re a truly brilliant place to work so, naturally, we have some of the very best team benefits around, which include:
- Top rate industry leading pay
- Wagestream employer- Employees can access 40% of wages before payday
- 40% discount in all our venues worldwide all day, every day
- Feeling a bit hungry on shift, we ensure you receive free tasty, healthy meals
- Enjoy 28 days paid holiday a year, which will increase up to a month of holiday with length of service
- LifeWorks offers- Receive exclusive monthly discounts just for D&D employees, including cashback options at retailers
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)- Unlimited access to a confidential wellbeing programme with a 24/7 helpline
- WeCare – A solution designed to support your mental, physical, social and financial wellbeing
- Employee of the Month Scheme
- Long Service awards
- D&D Connect- Access to our award-winning training platform, to grow and develop new skills
- Want to volunteer for a cause? We’ll pay full day wage for you to give back
- Refer a friend scheme- We offer our employees paid bonuses to a ‘refer a friend’
If you are interested in the Pastry Sous Chef role, then please apply today
To apply for this job please visit harri.com.