It matters to us that Team O2 is as diverse as the communities we serve.
We’re aware that we need more diversity in our senior leadership roles, so we welcome and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.
Whoever you are, O2 has a place for you.
Come join us.
Location(s): London/ Slough/ Flexible
Closing Date: 09/08/2022
About the Role:
Virgin Media O2 brings two of the UK’s most iconic brands together. With over 47 million connections across broadband, mobile, TV and home phone, we’re a fully integrated communications, entertainment and business solutions provider. It’s no mean feat and we’ll need resilience, patience, and boundless energy to achieve our ambitious plans. As a customer first organisation, we’re seeking amazing talent to join us, as we reimagine connectivity, and upgrade the UK, for the benefit of our customers, businesses, and communities. We have a strong commitment to playing our part in driving positive change and sustainability, including a market-leading pledge to be net carbon neutral by 2025
We believe great partnerships start with brilliant relationships. You will manage O2 and Virgin Media’s partnerships and sponsorship across music and Priority Tickets. Delivering exceptional ROI, super-charging Priority and creating brand fame.
You will play an integral role in our music partnerships with Live Nation. Working closely with our music and agency partners you will make sure customer-experience, brand presence and technology integration is exceptional across all we do.
The Partnerships and Sponsorship team is world-leading, underpinning our brand differentiation through unique offers, experiences, and rewards for our customers via Priority. Giving VMO2 an outstanding position in the music, sport, entertainment, and cultural fabric of the UK.
We’ve invested a lot of time and effort building our music portfolio over the last 15 years and we’re proud of what we’ve achieved. Our partnerships enable us to secure outstanding customer benefits and content – 48 hours artist presales, in-venue perks, industry leading offers, once in a lifetime experience’s and much more. And through Priority, our market leading loyalty platform, we deliver this to our customers.
- Manage our Live Nation partnership. Building powerful working relationships, looking for opportunities to work together to build brand fame and benefits for VMO2 customers. Activate our sponsorship rights to the highest of standards.
- Manage weekly Priority Tickets campaigns with Live Nation & other promoters like SJM, AEG Presents, DF, Killimanjaro, Orchard Live etc. Deliver additional exclusive Priority offers and Priority Tickets Platinum campaigns with our partners.
- Manage media budgets and campaigns, social plans, content calendars, customer comms, artist content, SMS copy relating to Priority Tickets.
- Manage our music audience customer base and Priority Tickets weekly reporting working closely with VMO2 Customer Marketing.
- Manage our music and Priority Tickets industry relationships. Championing the O2 brand, making sure we look our best in every iteration, ensuring our role and purpose is clear.
- Be the interface with the wider Virgin Media O2 directorates to utilise Priority Tickets rights across our new business, internally and externally.
- Work closely with VMO2’s social team to oversee our Priority Tickets presence and activity on social, ensuring we stand out from our competitors and connect with music fans.
- Beyond Priority Tickets we also ensure that music is at the forefront of Priority, our team drives, champions and delivers this.
- Be responsible for the information sent out to our customers about Priority Tickets, making sure it is relevant, timely and we aren’t bombarding them.
- Future Gazing: You will be expected to keep up to date with new music media and technology trends; we love world firsts.
What We Need from You:
- Strong number of years’ experience working on high-profile partnerships
- Knowledge, insight, and passion for maximising sponsorship rights to deliver industry-leading, fully integrated ticketing campaigns
- Experience managing rights holders and agency partners
- Track record working across social channels, generating quality content
- Music industry and ticketing knowledge, expertise, and contacts
- Ability to manage annual plans and budgets for high-profile partnerships
- Build strong working relationships, excellent team-working and interpersonal skills both internally and externally
- Love working with and understanding what makes a great brand and partnership
- Be great at getting on with people and making things happen. Creative hustler that can think laterally. Rigorous attention to detail. Curious with your ear to the ground for what is next in music and culture
We’ll be sending you emails about the status of your application. To make sure you receive these, please add @O2.com and @telefonica.com to your Safe Senders list.
We’re looking to pay a great compensation package (depending on experience) for this position. We also offer plenty of extras to sweeten the deal, which could include things like bonuses, life assurance cover, health care and lots of flexible benefits.
Also, every employee has their personal development supported with a LinkedIn learning account; plus other role specific learning available through our award-winning digital learning platform – O2 Campus.
We also believe a great work-life balance is important, so we’re open to considering flexible working arrangements. Like to know more, feel free to raise it.
Join us and we’ll encourage you to be bold every day. So take a deep breath, your career is about to go to exciting new places.
If you have any questions around the role then please email ResourceTUK@o2.com who will be happy to help.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.telefonica.com.