Are you an experienced HR professional looking for a dynamic new role? As the only care provider in the UK to be accredited as one of the best companies to work for in 2019, 2020, and 2021, our expanding HR department are fundamental in ensuring that we are market leaders in employee experience. We have an established team of HR Business Partners based both in our Inverness office and regionally across the UK, and are looking for an additional, talented candidate to join us remotely in central England. Our existing team will guide your first months with Barchester to ensure that you are providing the best possible service to around 30 of our Care Home Managers. This varied position will allow you to engage with multiple and unique aspects of HR activity, demonstrate a strategic understanding of employee relations law, and put into practice your commercial acumen, all to ensure the delivery of an outstanding operational service.
REWARDS AND BENEFITS
• Competitive salary
• Generous car allowance
• Access to a range of retail and leisure discounts
• Career progression opportunities
NEED TO HAVE
• CIPD qualification (or equivalent)
• Demonstrable experience as an HR generalist
• Business exposure in a fast paced work environment with multiple complex requirements
• Excellent communication skills
• Some experience opening a new service would be desirable
NEED TO DO
• Support 30 care homes across Liverpool, Manchester, Preston, and Carlisle with a range of employee services
• Travel to homes across the region 1 day per week
• Maintain up to date knowledge of employment legislation
• Provide sound ER advice to Home Managers with an understanding of the wider impact
• Identify high-risk HR cases and support throughout process to ensure employees are treated fairly and ethically, whilst minimising the risk to Barchester
• Advise and support throughout disciplinary and dismissal procedures
• Support Home Managers to reduce staff sickness and turnover
• Attend management meetings and reviews within the region
If you are looking to develop a career with an employer that is supportive and offers progression opportunities, Barchester is an empowering and rewarding place to be.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.barchester.com.