D&D London Head Office
D&D London is a diverse and vibrant collection of 43 restaurants (including one with a Michelin Star) and an award–winning hotel situated in London and beyond. Founded by Des Gunewardena and David Loewi (the D and D in the name) in 2006, the company has rapidly expanded and contains some of London’s most iconic restaurants, such as Bluebird, Le Pont de la Tour, Sartoria, German Gymnasium and 14 Hills. Outside London the company has made their mark by opening Crafthouse, Angelica, Issho and East 59th in Leeds, 20 Stories in Manchester and Klosterhaus in Bristol.
The Technical Services department provides both a proactive and reactive service to ensure that each D&D London property is maintained to the highest standards. The department covers all aspects of repairs & maintenance including plumbing, air conditioning, electrics, building fabric, health & safety and emergency support.
We are looking for a Shift Engineer to provide a proactive and reactive maintenance service across the D&D London group, supporting the wider Technical Services team. You must have a good understanding of M&E, Health & Safety regulations and the ability to work under pressure in a busy environment. As Shift Engineer you will be responsible for ensuring that all service/breakdown requests are rapidly dealt with to the highest standards thereby contributing to total guest satisfaction.
You will have a real pride and passion for what you do, with the ability to build rapport and long-term relationships with your colleagues. You will work closely with the team and senior management to ensure the continued success of the restaurants.
• Carry out fault finding, repairs and Preventative maintenance on plant equipment, reporting any defects in the building, plant or equipment
• Reactive maintenance on pumps, boilers, AHUs, Chillers and Air Conditioning
• Ensure that effective Health and Safety policies and practices are in place and adhered to
• Carry out regular risk assessments in relation to maintenance activities
• Follow, create and adhere to Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) schedules
• Responsible for working a Shift system as agreed with the Technical Services department, showing flexibility where needed to accommodate cover for team members
• Responsible for the efficient repair of all defects reported during shift, ensuring we exceed the expectations of our guests and customers
• Responsible for handing over to the incoming Shift Engineer any outstanding repairs
• Carry out routine Engineering checks and logging these as required during shift
• In the absence of the management (outside normal working hours), the Shift Engineer is responsible for ensuing the department operates efficiently and all issues are addressed
• Escalate any serious issues to management and the Head of Technical Services
• Provide a fast, professional and reactive response to breakdown calls
• 2382-15 17th Edition Electrical Qualification and up to date knowledge with IET wiring regulations
• IOSH Health and Safety Qualification
• Highly organised with strong self-management
• Able to work on your own initiative and as part of a team
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• C&G, NVQ or other suitable qualifications desirable
• Manages time effectively, completing tasks on time and within deadlines
• Proficient in multi-trade disciplines, with at least basic electrical, carpentry, decorating and plumbing knowledge and skills
We’re a truly brilliant place to work so, naturally, we have some of the very best team benefits around, which include:
- Top rate industry leading pay
- Wagestream employer- Employees can access 40% of wages before payday
- 40% discount in all our venues worldwide all day, every day
- LifeWorks offers- Receive exclusive monthly discounts just for D&D employees, including cashback options at retailers
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) – Unlimited access to a confidential wellbeing programme with a 24/7 helpline
- WeCare – A solution designed to support your mental, physical, social and financial wellbeing
- Employee of the Month Scheme
- Long Service awards
- D&D Connect- Access to our award winning training platform, to grow and develop new skills
- Want to volunteer for a cause? We’ll pay a full day wage for you to give back
To apply for this job please visit harri.com.