With over 25 years’ experience, nearly 240 care homes, and six independent hospitals, Barchester Healthcare currently have some of the best quality ratings of any large care home provider in the UK. But we’re not stopping there: our mission is to provide the best possible person-centred care to elderly and vulnerable people. As a Home Manager within the Barchester family, you will be a leading face in the delivery of that person-centred care that helps to set us apart.
It is an exciting time to consider joining the Barchester family in one of our multi-million pound new build homes as a Commissioning Home Manager. We are leading one of the fastest growing new build programmes aiming to open 10 brand new purpose-built homes per year. In our state of the art new builds, we have invested time and planning to ensure our homes our adapted to the needs of our residents including our dedicated dementia communities which we call Memory Lane.
As a Commissioning Home Manager you will drive recruitment for the home, building and developing a brand new team to deliver the best quality care for our residents. You will work closely with new builds projects team, as well as other support services to introduce the home into the wider community and welcome each of our new residents. This is a fantastic opportunity to set the foundations of an outstanding care home and successfully drive it through its first inspection.
Our Home Manager rewards package is one of the best in the care sector as we know the importance of feeling recognised, valued and motivated. As a Commissioning Home Manager at Barchester we offer a competitive basic salary + bonuses up to 100%. We also offer additional quality based bonuses up to £10k. Our generous package includes:
• £2.5k bonus once the home has been opened
• Enrolment into our profit share scheme, with the opportunity to earn a bonus of up to 100% of your salary
• Quality based bonuses up to £10k
• 8% ER Pension Package
• Career and development pathways
• A range of holiday, retail and leisure discounts
• Automatic entry into Barchester’s Excellence Awards
• Payment of NMC Annual Registration Fee
To join us as a Commissioning Home Manager you will have inspirational leadership skills with a passion for person centred care, with a successful track record of developing and motivating teams to deliver outstanding personalised care through continuous improvement. We are looking for:
• Experience of managing/opening a new build
• Community engagement and marketing a home to drive occupancy
• Experience of managing a luxury care home with high % of privately funded residents
• Inspirational leadership skills
• A passion for person centred care
• A successful track record of developing and motivating teams to deliver outstanding care
• Excellent organisational and management skills
• A strong understanding of safeguarding, CQC and compliance guidelines
In short, your proven track record of marketing and business skills within the care sector, running a commercially successful, Good or Outstanding rated care home will be complemented by your blend of compassion and resilience.
Due to our industry leading rewarding excellence schemes, we are also very proud to have been awarded a two-star outstanding rating by Best Companies, ranked 11th in the top 20 Best Health & Social Care Companies to work for and 14th in the Top 25 Best Big Companies to Work For in the UK.
If you are looking to work with an organisation that provides the quality of care you would expect for your loved ones, Barchester is a rewarding and empowering place to be.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.barchester.com.